Sunday, November 27, 2016

Assignment #6 Steve Jobs’ Talk

The link for the speech:Here 

Five words to learn

1. tuition (n.) 
the money that you paid to be taught

2. dorm (n.) = dormitory 
a room for several people sleep in, especial in a school

3. stumble (v.)
a problem or temporary failure when you are on the way to achieving something

4. intuition (n.)
the ability to know something by using your feelings rather than considering the facts

5. proportionally (adv.)
in a way that increases or decreases in size, amount or degree according to changes in something else


The connection or inspiration

When I was senior high student,it was the first time I listened the speech at class. At that moment, I just thought it was lucky that you found your way to go when you were young. Among with the time flies, the speech gives more inspiration to me and I start to think why Steve Jobs can choose what he wants immediately. The first thing I learn is when you really understand how the different choices will influence your life, you will be strong to face the way which you decide to go. The second thing I learn is only you have a dream and don't give up until the goal is achieved, you just have the chance to succeed. The last thing I want to let you know is " A crisis is chance." When you are confronted by difficulties or find your personal inadequacy, your next step or plan decides you will be successful or not.




1 comment:

  1. I think this is why this talk still remains as one of the most thought-provoking and inspiring talks after all these year. I got the same feeling too. Every year when i listen to the talk, i got new insights. When we got older and see and experience more, we tend to interpret things in different ways.

    ReplyDelete